Would the Mona Lisa be more beautiful and intriguing if it was painted in black and white? Do colours change the way we understand reality? Can colours have meaning? This lesson is to encourage students to talk and think about colour in their everyday lives.
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: The concept of colours.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Colours
- Language: Any (could also teach alternatives to common colours and blended colours)
- Materials: Text and images
Download the PDF talking points page: Colours ESLTalkingPoints PDF
Download the PDF images for class: Colours Images PDF