Coins, notes, credit cards or even Bitcoin. Money in all its forms needs to be kept somewhere, and somewhere very safe indeed. Do you trust the bank where you put your money? Do banks deserve the trust they have? These questions are ever more important in a society which is concerned with greater morality and ethics.
This intermediate lesson aims to get students thinking about money, finance, banking, interest rates, payments and the future of commerce.
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: Encourage discussion on banking.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Banks
- Language: Any
- Materials: Text and images
- Download the PDF talking points page: Banks ESLTalkingPoints PDF
- Download the PDF images for class: Banks Images PDF