10 PPT Country Jeopardy Games For The TEFL Classroom
Learning about the world is essential. Use our self-made Microsoft PowerPoint to make learning about countries fun and interactive. The file can be edited by you to include points you wish to teach (or even revise) with your students. Each slide is image rich and can be tailored to your class level. In this regard, consider this file as a template, alternatively, ready-to-go for elementary students.
Lesson outline for country PPT
- Ask students what they know about a selected country. For instance, the size, location, geography, weather, climate, population, demographics, currency, and any other facts they might know.
- Explain to students that they are going to play a ppt game where they need to read questions in English and then decided what the answer will be.
- Show them the front page where there are categories and numbered points. Explain they are to choose a category first and then a number. The number corresponds to how many points they win once they answer it correctly. So, students would select GENERAL KNOWLEDGE 100 and then click the link, you will then be presented with a new page where the question and options will appear.
- Group students into two large teams, an absolute maximum of around 8 – 10 on each side. Any more and then students find it difficult to come to an agreed answer.
- Take turns until all questions have been answered.
For points. You can either:
- Give points for any question answered correctly.
- Give points for right answers, and then remove points for questions answered incorrectly.
Click the images below to download the various PPT lessons.