When was the last time you walked past a shop window and tempered the urge to splash out? It isn’t often for most of us to put off spending for another day, why have we become so attune to splurging out and running up debts?
- Language level: B1+
- Aim: The cultural differences in adoption acceptance.
- Learner type: Young learners; Teens; Adults
- Time: 45 – 60 minutes
- Activities included: Discussing quotes, conversation questions, presentation, image discussion
- Topic: Adoption
- Language: Any (could also teach alternative economic modesl)
- Materials: Text and images
Download the PDF talking points page: Consumerism ESLTalkingPoints PDF
Download the PDF images for class: Consumerism Images PDF